Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,
Ramadan Mubarak 2020 to you and your families!
Fasting for Ramadan will begin on Friday, April 24th, insha’Allah. There have been multiple credible sightings of the moon reported in various countries including Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, UAE, among others. In addition, the American Muslim Jurists Association (AMJA) has also announced the same.
Watch the video below to learn about how ISB services to the community have been modified.
Of course, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and stay at home orders, there will be no congregational salah offered at ISB. These are certainly challenging times, but we will meet those challenges together, insha’Allah.
Ramadan remains a month of worship, mercy, brotherhood and sisterhood, companionship, charity, and sacrifice. It remains as a means to attaining taqwa, or awareness of Allah SWT.
This Ramadan, though, will be different.
Although the ISB doors will be closed, our ISB Live feed will not.
ISB Live has been transformed into an ALL-DAY Ramadan program to meet your needs, insha’Allah.
In addition, please see the following opportunities:
- Live Virtual Fundraiser With Drive-Thru Iftar – The entire community is invited to come to ISB on May 9th to pick up your iftar at the ISB drive-thru. At the same time, we will be airing an incredible program on our live, virtual fundraiser on ISB Live. May 9th 5pm to 9pm. Sponsor an iftar here.
- Drive-Thru Iftar Sponsorship – On certain days throughout the month, ISB will partner with local halal restaurants and food trucks to provide iftar as a drive-thru / pick-up service in the ISB parking lot. It is a great opportunity for you to (1) feed those who are fasting and (2) support local businesses. Sponsor an iftar here.
- Blessing Box Sponsorship (updated) – Masha’Allah, the Blessing Box fundraiser was a massive success. ISB and ICNA Relief partnered up this Ramadan to donate boxes filled with essential items to anyone in need this Ramadan. Please support other such ISB Programs and Services here.
- COVID-19 Fund – With the coronavirus situation, all on-site activities have been halted. However, our staff are continuing to work on providing virtual services. Donate what you can to help us keep the masjid running so that we can continue to provide to the servants of the masjid and the community in their most dire time of need. Give sadaqah here.
- Zakat-ul-Fitr – Zakat-ul-Fitr is obligatory upon all of us. $10 per person (for everyone in your household). The sooner you pay the zakat-ul-fitr, the sooner we can distribute it to those in need. Pay Zakat-ul-Fitr here.
- Virtual ISB Fundraiser – We need your support. SAVE THE DATE – May 9th! With a complete absence of foot traffic, ISB has been facing the current crisis with a significant decrease in donations. We still have staff conducting online education for our schools. We still have utilities and other bills. And the construction preparing for re-opening has accelerated. We need your contributions. ISB‘s Annual Iftar Fundraiser is still on for May 9th. However, it will be online. Please consider making a donation now and tune into ISB Live on May 9th for an enriching program..
Please be patient with us and stay engaged. We know that everyone wants to come to the masjid at this time, and it is extremely difficult for all of us to have to keep the doors closed.
May Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta’aala make this a fruitful Ramadan for our entire community. May He accept all of our fasting, our prayers, our donations, and our service. May He facilitate our connection with Him and with His Book. May He guide us all to do that which is pleasing to Him. Ameen.
Your Brother in Islam,
Dr. Ed Tori
President, Islamic Society of Baltimore (ISB)
Pick up your iftar at the ISB drive-thru and join us on Live:
Alhamdulillah, we are blessed to have multiple classes for the benefit of our community members during the month of Ramadan. Scroll down to see the daily schedule of programs on ISB Live.
Watch ISB’s Live Stream: