ISB stands by to serve our community in times of grief. We offer our sincere condolences to you and your family, and we aim to make the janazah process as smooth as possible for you in your time of need
Through our partnership with King Memorial Park, we have a exclusive Muslim burial section. We offer complete supervision of the entire burial process listed below:
- Coordination with hospital and/or family
- Transportation of deceased to the funeral home / washing location
- Washing of the body according to Islamic rituals and traditions
- Janazah prayers at Masjid Al-Rahmah
- Leading funeral procession to King Memorial
- Supervision of burial services at King Memorial
Next steps and what to expect:
- Complete the online funeral request form.
- After the form and payment is submitted, the family will be contacted by a member of our funeral staff.
- The funeral home director will then coordinate when and where to pick up the body and take it to the funeral home for Ghusl (washing). ISB can assist with the washing process if the family is unfamiliar or unavailable.
- Once the Ghusl (washing) of the body is completed at the funeral home, the body will then be transported to the Masjid hall for Janazah prayers.
- Janazah services are normally scheduled for after Dhuhr prayer. On Fridays, services are scheduled for after the second Jumuah prayer
- If the washing is completed too late in the day, the Janazah may be scheduled for the following day.
- After Janazah prayers, the body will then be transported by the funeral home to King Memorial Park cemetery for burial.
General Funeral Costs
All charges listed are approximate and may be subject to change:
|Grave Plot||Funeral Home Service||Cemetery Burial Charges (Approx)|
|Adult Grave: $1500
Infant Grave: $750
|Ghusl/Washing, Transport &
Funeral Home Services: $1500
|Regular Burial: $1500
M-F after 3pm: $150-$400 (additional)
Saturday charge: $150-$500 (additional)
Sunday & Holidays: $500 (additional)
Note: Infant height must be less than 24 inches to select a Infant grave size.
General Price List of funeral home services and charges can be found here. Funeral Home Services includes basic services of funeral home and staff, body washing, transportation, administrative processing and (1) certified copy of the death certificate. All cemetery burial services are performed and paid directly by the family to King Memorial Park. ISB does not collect those fees and does not assume responsibility for the services provided. All charges listed are approximate and may be subject to change.
ISB offers the flexibility of pre-purchasing and reserving your grave in advance. This service allows you and your loved ones the peace of mind and gives you the option to be located near each other if you wish. You may also take advantage of today’s rates by purchasing your graves in advance. To reserve a grave site through ISB, please complete the online grave reservation request form.
For more information, please contact ISB Funeral Services at 410.747.4869, ext 9 or [email protected].
King Memorial Park
8710 Dogwood Rd, Baltimore, MD 21244
Did you know on average ISB supports all burial costs for one funeral each week? Want to make a donation to the ISB Funeral Fund? Click here!
Not a Muslim? Learn about the Islamic funeral process by clicking here.