Please note Jumuah (Friday) prayers and all daily prayers are canceled at ISB/Masjid Al-Rahmah as of Sunday, November 15, 2020.
This is due to rising cases of covid-19 in Maryland, the safety of the community, and directives from State and County health officials.
[Information Below Updated on or before June 3, 2020]
In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate
As’salaamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakah
ISB will be reopening the facility for Fard (obligatory) prayers. New restrictions and protocols have been put in place in order to protect our congregants and prevent the spread of COVID-19. The facility will open 15 minutes before the Iqamah and will close 15 minutes after the conclusion of the Fard salah.
The following rules will be effective immediately:
- Masks must be worn at all times. No Mask means No Entry.
- Please bring your own prayer rug or sheet
- If you are feeling sick please stay home and help protect our congregation
- No individuals who are 65 years or older
- Individuals who have underlying health conditions are recommended to stay home
- No children under the age of 13
- Please practice 6 feet of social distancing at all times! Avoid embracing other congregants, including the shaking of hands
- Please avoid crowding at all times especially near the entrance and exit
- Please perform wudhu at home as the restrooms will be closed
- If you would like to recite the Quran please bring your own copy or utilize your mobile device
ISB staff will be performing temperature checks upon entry. These rules will be strictly enforced. ISB staff is just as excited to reopen the facility and wants to ensure that it remains open. Individuals who violate these rules put the entire community at risk resulting in potential outbreaks. Please be mindful that many of our community members are elders and may have underlying health conditions. So if you are sick please stay home, and if you an elder and/or have underlying health conditions, we strongly recommend you stay home for your safety.
All prayers will occur in the ISB gymnasium. There are markings on the floor that identify where congregants must stand in order to practice appropriate social and physical distancing.