Assalamu Alaikum everyone,
We wanted to provide a quick update to our community. Inshallah the Masjid will be back open for daily salah (prayer) and Jumuah starting tomorrow night (Wednesday) at Maghrib. Alhamdulillah, we have taken some additional measures that we feel will increase the overall safety of anyone attending prayers and Jumuah at ISB and we are ready to see you all once again.
In addition to the previous safety requirements (masks, bring your own prayer rugs, come with wudhu, 6 feet social distancing, etc.), we will now be requiring everyone who wants to attend congregational prayers and Jumuah at ISB to fill out a safety registration form. This form quickly highlights the rules everyone must follow for safety, along with giving us the ability to easily contact individuals around future closures and safety concerns.
Registration is mandatory and takes 1 minute. You can register at isb.org/salah
The facility will open 15 minutes before the Iqamah and will close 15 minutes after the conclusion of the Fard salah.
The following rules will be effective immediately:
1. Mandatory Registration is required at isb.org/salah (register before you arrive and bring your QR registration receipt with you).
2. Masks must be worn at all times. No Mask means No Entry.
3. Please bring your own prayer rug or sheet
4. If you are feeling sick please stay home and help protect our congregation
5. If you have travelled outside of the State in the past 14 days please stay home
6. Individuals who are 65 years or older are recommended to stay home
7. Individuals who have underlying health conditions are recommended to stay home
8. Please practice 6 feet of social distancing at all times and avoid embracing other congregants, including the shaking of hands
9. Please avoid crowding at all times especially near the entrance and exit
10. Please perform wudu at home as the restrooms will be closed
11. If you would like to recite the Quran please bring your own copy or utilize your mobile device
Please spread the word. We pray you are all safe, and look forward to seeing you back at your home at the Islamic Society of Baltimore. These rules will be strictly enforced. ISB staff is just as excited to reopen the facility and wants to ensure that it remains open. Individuals who violate these rules put the entire community at risk resulting in potential outbreaks. Please be mindful that many of our community members are elders and may have underlying health conditions. So if you are sick please stay home, and if you an elder and/or have underlying health conditions, we strongly recommend you stay home for your safety.
Please spread the word. We pray you are all safe, and look forward to seeing back at your home – @ ISB.