Assalamu Alaikum everyone
At this time (Thursday, May 25th at 10:00 PM) there has been no sighting of the moon, locally or globally (east of the US). According to moon-sighting experts, there is no chance of sighting the moon across the Americas tonight either. Based on this, fasting for Ramadan will insha’Allah begin on Saturday May 27th, and Taraweeh prayers will start from tomorrow May 26th with Isha prayer at 10:10 pm.
Ramadan is a month of Worship, Mercy, Brotherhood and Sisterhood, Companionship, Charity, and Sacrifice. The Islamic Society of Baltimore will have its doors open through the entire month of Ramadan, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Round the clock, the facility will be used for iftars, prayers, spiritual enrichment, itekaf, and education. The Ramadan experience at ISB is always a blessing and is built on the contributions and partnerships of everyone in the community. We would like the entire community to take part in facilitating the operations at ISB this Ramadan by assisting and taking part in any of the following:
- Ramadan Iftar Sponsorship – Help in feeding the hundreds and thousands of people ISB will serve throughout this month. Weekdays (Mon-Thurs) are $1700.00 and Weekends (Fri-Sun) are $1900.00. Please contact Cafe Al-Rahmah for sponsorship information.
- Ramadan Ansar Program – Donate Rice, Water Bottles, Dates, and Oil to help offset the costs of our daily iftars. Contact Cafe Al-Rahmah for more information.
- Ramadan Chai – Chai will be available each night through Taraweeh prayers. The cost to sponsor chai for the week is $500.00. Contact Cafe Al-Rahmah for more information.
- Ramadan Parking Assistance – To help ensure an efficient flow of traffic, please consider volunteering some time and assist with parking through the month of Ramadan. Contact ISB Council for more information.
- Ramadan Volunteer Security – Help protect the masjid and its congregants. Contact ISB Council for more information.
- “Ramadan Volunteer Core” – Help us guide traffic, serve Iftar, answer questions, look after our children and volunteer to become general caretakers of our masjid. Contact ISB Council for more information and Click here to join the WhatsApp Ushers of Patience Group!
- Ramadan Green Team – Let’s clean the facility and make it beautiful in preparation for this beautiful month. Click here to join the WhatsApp Green Team Group!
- Contribute – $2/day and $25/Friday per person towards the electricity and cooling expenses during this month.
Your brother in Islam,
Islamic Society of Baltimore
- Daily Qur’an commentary 20 minutes prior to Iftar
- Sister’s Tafseer ul Quran in Urdu by Sr. Zonaira – Daily from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM – 3rd Floor.
- Sister’s Tafseer ul Quran in Urdu by Sr. Zohra – Daily from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM – 3rd Floor.
- Sisters Tafseer ul Quran in English by Dr. Saba Siddiqi – Daily from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM – via Online Conference Call.
- Dial-In Number: (712) 432-0185 | Access Code: 770516862*
- Playback Number: (712) 432-0328 | Access Code: 770516862#
- Short khatiras on weekends after 8 rakahs of taraweeh prayer, led by Mufti Abdullah & special guests.
Zakat ul fitr is $10 per person. For example, a family of four is required to pay $40. You may pay the Zakat ul fitr at ISB in the designated boxes, or pay online by clicking on the following link: www.isb.org/donate. Please pay as soon as possible so that funds can be distributed in a timely manner.