Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,
I pray that this message finds all of you in the best of health and strong imaan. Ameen. Per the directives of Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, and out of basic Islamic fiqh that preserving life is paramount, I want to alert all of you to some significant changes to ISB events and services in the coming days.
As of now, the following events have been CANCELED until further notice:
- Friday Jumuah Prayers
- Daily Congregational Prayers
- All committee meetings outside of Council and Boards.
- All regularly scheduled halaqas.
- All sporting events, including recreational gym use.
- All gym and musallah rentals.
- All Golden Age breakfast and dinner events.
- All Youth Group events.
- All Outreach events (including Clean Slate classes)
- ISB Clinic (please call or email for prescription refills or referrals)
After close consultation with ISB leaders, Resident Scholars, and public health experts, core events and services may either be modified or cancelled:
- Schools (ARS, ARSS, ARN, and AQA): For the past couple of weeks, our schools have been preparing for remote options. There may be some modifications to move up Spring Break as well. We will keep everyone informed as those are implemented. UPDATE: All educational programs have now transitioned to eLearning platforms and are conducting virtual learning / educational sessions.
- Fundraisers: The ARS Benefit Dinner will NOT happen in-person. Information will be forthcoming about a virtual event.
- JUMUAH and DAILY PRAYERS are CANCELED at Islamic Society of Baltimore (ISB). Per the directive of Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan restricting large gatherings, and out of basic Islamic fiqh that preserving life is paramount, ISB is canceling in-person Jumuah prayers. Do NOT come to ISB for jumuah. All congregants are advised to pray Dhuhr at home or work.
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What Has ISB Been Doing Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Live map of COVID-19 cases
May Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta’aala provide us with calm hearts, good health, and strong imaan. Ameen.