Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah
Itikaaf at ISB will InshaAllah begin on Saturday, May 25th at Maghrib. Arrangements have been made for brothers to participate in the prayer area. All brothers who intend to perform the Sunnah (10 Days) Itikaaf should come to ISB by 7:00 PM on the first day of Itikaaf to prepare and go over the logistics.
All participants of the full or a part of the 10 days must complete, sign, and turn in all of the Registration forms linked below. Online registration for Itikaaf is also available below.
The Itikaaf Coordinators/Ameers for this years’ program will be announced closer to May 25th.
The benefits & rewards for sitting in Itikaaf:
- Ali Ibn Hussain (RA) narrates from his father that Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “He who observes the ten days I’tikaf during Ramadan will obtain the reward of two Hajj & two Umrah.” (Bayhaqi)
- Abdullah bin Abbas (RA) reported that Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: “Whosoever for Allah’s sake did even one days i’tikaf, Allah would keep him away from Jahannam by trenches.” (Tabarani)
- Ibn Abbas (RA) reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, (about him who engages in i’tikaf), “that he is safe from sin & he also gets that reward which everyone (outside i’tikaf) gets for pious deeds.” (Ibn Majah)
What an amazing opportunity for us to gain such immense & abundant rewards as well as closeness to Allah. We can also take this opportunity to strengthen & boost our imaan (faith) for the rest of the year..
- Alhamdulillah, all food for the participants will be arranged through the Cafe Al-Rahmah and through local sponsors.
- If any additional person or entity wants to provide and/or sponsor Suhoor during Itikaaf, please contact the Itikaaf Coordinator/Ameer(s) or the ISB Council.