Founded in 2000, the Al-Rahmah Nursery and Childcare is a State of Maryland approved and MD EXCELS accredited faith-based institution for children ages two to five years. Originally starting with twenty students, it is now a well-known Preschool Program that is serving the needs of the community in the Baltimore Metropolitan area. We are conveniently located within the campus of the Islamic Society of Baltimore adjacent to Al-Rahmah School.
The Al-Rahmah Nursery (Preschool), located in Baltimore, MD is seeking for an energetic and dynamic Preschool Director to lead a dedicated staff and be a part of an amazing community. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for working with children, is dedicated to providing the best education and care to students, excel in a collaborative environment, and foster positive relationships. This is a twelve-month position and includes leading the Al-Rahmah summer camp.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent required. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in education administration and business administration, experience in preschool or childcare is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of early childhood teaching experience required. May substitute experience with an educational services company for teaching experience.
- Meets minimum preparation, experience and/or any state required credentials to comply with applicable state regulation and accrediting boards approved by the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of early childhood education, curriculum development and program evaluation, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning of young children.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, parents, and the community.
- Special education experience preferred.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have legal authorization to work in USA.
- Must have the ability to lead staff for professional growth and development.
- Familiar with MD EXCEL program and comly.
- Principles of early childhood education
- Child health, development and growth
- Creative experiences for young children
- Child health, safety and nutrition
- Administration of childcare and education
- Methods in curriculum development
- Strategies in early childhood guidance
How to Apply
Applicant submissions must include the following:
- A cover letter
- Current Resume
- Three References